Molds can really be a tough opponent for any homeowner to face. It can affect many areas of the house such as the bathroom and kitchen but it can likewise affect some accessories inside the home such as your rugs. Molds on your rugs can be a lot of trouble as it can cause it to become ugly, dirty and unhygienic. Rugs are supposed to improve the beauty of your home but molds only cause it to become more unappealing.
Dealing with molds on the rug can be hard especially if you don’t know the right steps to take. An inexperienced homeowner could opt to hire a professional cleaner right away but you can actually try to fix the problem on your own as it can be pretty manageable if you have the right resources.
If you have molds on your rugs at home, below is a simple and effective guide that will help you in solving your problem in a jiffy, Or you can call an expert rug cleaning in Charlotte NC like Kobalt Carpet Cleaning company
- Before doing any cleaning, make sure that you wear protective gear to avoid having any unwanted health problems caused by the molds. Be sure to wear gloves, masks, and goggles to avoid any untoward incidents.
- The first thing that you would have to do is to try and locate the source of the excess moisture which caused the mold to develop on your rug in the first place. If it came from a leaking pipe or plumbing then fix it right away so that you won’t have to deal with the mold coming back after you finally get rid of it.
- Get a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent and add it to three cups of warm water. This homemade cleaning solution is going to help eliminate the molds on your rug as well as make it clean and hygienic once more. After you make it, pour some on the affected area of the rug and then let it set for five minutes.
- The next step is to grab a clean white cloth and blot the area repeatedly until you are able to remove the mold on the rug. You can likewise use an old toothbrush to gently scrub the mold on the rug. After doing so, blot the area again using the clean white cloth until the rug is dried up completely.
- To finally complete the task, get a glass of clean water and then pour it on the area where the mold was found. Then, dry it thoroughly using clean towels or a wet/dry vac.